AMS operates in risk level Red
Update: January 12th, 2021
AMS is a dynamic community of international students, faculty, staff, and partners. Protecting their health and safety remains our top priority, as well as the well-being of our society in general. The only effective way to do so is to minimize the risk of transmission.
That is why we strictly follow federal and local safety regulations. On top of that, we apply a specific protocol based on a pandemic matrix drawn up by VLIR (the Flemish Interuniversity Council) with concrete safety measures for each of the four pandemic levels indicated by the color codes green, yellow, orange, and red specific for education.
The allocation of the color code for education is determined in joint consultation between the Risk Assessment Group (RAG), the Flemish Ministry of Education, the Antwerp provincial government and the mayor of the city of Antwerp.
As from January 4th until February 28th, 2021, the following guidelines are applied in Color Code RED.
The current situation in Belgium is still volatile, as the numbers of COVID-19 infections in Belgium seem to be halted at a platform, we have to approach the situation with great care. However, AMS will reopen the campus for limited use, according to the general safety rules applied by the Flemish Universities and Flemish Ministry of Education.
All AMS activities will follow the guidelines used by the University of Antwerp.
As from January 4th and until February 28th, 2021 the following measures apply:
The following limited essential activities are allowed to take place on campus:
• Practice sessions, skills training, Neurotraining sessions
• Evaluations on campus are possible
• Course sessions that cannot be offered online without major learning loss or without erosion of the learning objectives (e.g. Short programs for professionals , Executive Masters & Executive PhD coaching sessions, Full time Masters ALP & GLS activities)
The following contours apply for allowing these activities:
- On campus presence will be limited to 10% of the total campus occupancy; for the Boogkeers Campus a maximum of 100 students/clients will be allowed on campus at the same time.
- All lecture rooms on campus will be limited to 20% of the normal room capacity with the exception of the Neurotraininglab where it is allowed to set up practical sessions 1 on 1.
- Back and forth travel between home and campus has to be limited as much as possible.
- Unnecessary movement through the campus has to be avoided.
- Registration via the QR codes per room is mandatory.
- Only disposable masks (one time use) are allowed, or masks which are frequently washed at 60 degrees (maximal wearing time 8 h) to ensure that they provide the required safety.
- All students have to be allowed at least a few moments of return from the point of view of well-being, with special attention to international students.
All other teaching and non-teaching activities remain online.
All staff and faculty will work from home and their attendance on campus is only allowed to support above-mentioned activities.
Please respect all general safety measures and adhere to the guidelines in case of infection, high risk contact or return from red zone. You can find all detailed information here below.
Take care of yourselves and of each other.
We are constantly monitoring the situation and we will adjust measures as necessary. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your program manager or firstname.lastname@example.org .
In case you test positive for COVID-19, we ask you to contact email@example.com as soon as possible. In case you had a high-risk contact or you have symptoms, please contact your program manager.
Safety and hygiene are our highest priority. Each and every one of us is jointly responsible and contributes to the well-being of the AMS community and society through appropriate behavior. Together we strive to create an environment in which low risk contacts are the starting point. In this way, we can help to prevent the spread of the virus.